Individuals & Families
We help making charitable giving simpler and more powerful for individuals and their families. By establishing a Fund, giving is tax-efficient and cost effective.
A Partner in Giving
We’ve been strengthening the network of organizations doing great things for Greenville for over sixty years. By working with us, we can continue our commitment to enhance the quality of life in Greenville County for all citizens.
Donors can make gifts of many types of assets, identify causes to support, recommend grants, and establish a charitable legacy-all while the Community Foundation of Greenville administers the Fund on your behalf.
Benefits of Partnership:
- Donor Recognition including an invitation to the annual Charitable Giving Awards
- Receive a tax-deduction at the time the fund is established and when additional contributions are made to the fund.
- Leveraging the local knowledge of the professional staff of the Foundation
- Continue your family’s legacy of philanthropic giving by designating successor advisors
Giving with us is Easy
- Establishing a Fund requires completion of a simple governing document and a gift of cash, stock, or other assets
- Simplify the startup process and avoid legal start-up costs, annual tax filings, and annual minimum distributions
- As a component fund, you become part of the Community Foundation and are not required to acquire your own 501(c)3 status
Giving with us is Flexible
- Maintain flexibility to support nonprofit organizations that are important to you
- Opportunity to have assets professionally managed or invested in a money market account
- Designate current advisors and successor advisors to carry out your charitable wishes
Giving with us is Effective
- Maintain low administrative fees
- Manage your account and recommend grants from our soon-to-be-launched online portal