We believe that when capacity building is successful, it strengthens and improves an organizations ability to achieve its mission, sustain itself over time, and have a quantifiable impact on the community in which it serves.
Application opens: June 13, 2022
Deadline: July 29, 2022
Grant Award Budget: 100,000 (Award range from $5,000 to $10,000)
The Community Foundation of Greenville welcomes grant requests from established 501(c)(3) tax- exempt agencies (operating two or more years), located within or offering services to the residents of Greenville County, South Carolina.
The Foundation encourages grant requests that support an organizations ability to establish and/or maintain a solid operating structure, and develop and sustain good governance practices. We believe that when capacity building is successful, it strengthens and improves an organizations ability to achieve its mission, sustain itself over time, and have a quantifiable impact on the community in which it serves.
Capacity Building funding opportunities may include:
- Projects designed to improve an organization’s ability to monitor and/or respond to the needs of its clients and supporters
- Projects involving adoption of management innovation, process improvement and accountability
- Strategies to form collaborative ventures with public, private or other nonprofit institutions
- To support technology audits and analyses of information management systems
- Purchases of computers (hardware or software) or other equipment necessary to improve the organization’s ability to achieve its mission
- Efforts to diversify the organization’s revenue streams
Examples of Capacity Building include:
- Organizational assessment
- Strategic and long-range planning
- Program evaluation and planning
- Developing marketing plans
- Feasibility studies
To see a list of past grant recipients, click here.
The Community Foundation will follow these guidelines in evaluating grant requests:
Thoroughly review the requesting organization’s ability to succeed, including evaluation of its budget, Board of Directors, staffing capability, and experience
- Evaluate each request carefully to ensure that projects do not overlap and services are not duplicated
- Require post-grant evaluation to determine whether the funded project met outlined objective
- We will not make grants to individuals
- We will not fund tuition for degree programs, fees and other costs to attend conferences, capital campaigns, campaign consultants (other than initial feasibility study), recurring staff or board training expenses, additional staffing positions, and endowments