Establish a Fund
Donor Advised Funds at the Community Foundation are easy to establish, cost-effective, and allow you and your designated advisors flexibility to name the fund, make grant recommendations, and leverage the expertise of the professional staff of the Foundation.
Here are a couple additional notes about establishing a donor-advised fund:
- Select a name for the fund (see page 1). The fund may have your family name (“Smith Family Fund”) or any other fund name you choose.
- Select if fund should be invested in a money market account or invested in a diversified portfolio (see page 9).
- Designate current fund advisors (see page 10).
- Designate successor advisors (see page 10).
- Make a gift (cash or stock) to establish the fund.
- Receive a tax-deduction at the time the fund is established and when additional contributions are made to the fund.
Here are a couple of notes about using your Fund, once it’s established:
- Add to the fund at any time in any dollar amount.
- Make recommendations in the name of the fund or anonymously.
- Distribution minimum is $100.
- A personalized form will be provided for your Fund to be used for recommendations.
- You may recommend distributions to any 501(c)3 charity locally or throughout the United States.
Life-long Greenville County residents Julie and Berry Garrett have witnessed some wonderful changes made possible by philanthropy.Read More
Cultivating Our Collective ResilienceRead More