For more than 65 years, the Community Foundation of Greenville exists to bridge philanthropy and purpose.
The Community Foundation of Greenville bridges philanthropy and purpose. We’ve had our finger on the pulse of the Greenville community for over 65 years. We strategically match diverse needs and opportunities in Greenville County with philanthropic resources.
Greenville County is a thriving community where everyone can reach their full potential.
The Community Foundation of Greenville inspires giving by bridging philanthropy and purpose, making Greenville County an inclusive and vibrant community.
What We Do:
We work towards achieving our mission in three ways:
- We work with families and their financial advisors and estate planning attorneys to arrange bequests that extend their charitable commitments beyond their lifetimes. We help families and individuals establish Donor Advised Funds to support charities they care about and make their giving tax-efficient and cost-effective.
- We also work with local nonprofit organizations to build endowments to provide permanent support and sustain their work well into the future.
- Finally, we make grants from our unrestricted assets to fund important projects in our community. This is made possible by contributions to our annual campaign, fee income earned from the funds we administer, and from bequests left to the Community Foundation for the benefit of Greenville.
We are an agile and knowledge-based organization that celebrates the joy of impactful giving. We approach our work with the following values:
- Partnership – We build collaborative relationships to understand and address the evolving needs of our community.
- Stewardship – We honor the intent of our donors and provide insightful service to donors, financial and legal professionals, grantees, and our community.
- Equity – We engage our community’s diverse perspectives and are committed to being inclusive and accessible.
- Integrity – We are respectful, honest, and transparent, holding ourselves accountable to our commitments.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement:
In recognition of our diverse community, we are committed to using our philanthropic, social and intellectual capital to address systemic issues to pursue equity in order to achieve our vision of a thriving community where everyone can reach their full potential.